Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Emergency Back-Up Cat

I was going to make a big The Story of Custard Part 3 post but I decided not to. We kept him going for a long time with TLC and finally his age caught up to him. We helped him along and that's that. The only thing I'll say is that we almost fell into the trap of seeing if we could wait one more day, then another then another, which is the exact opposite of what we would advise anyone else to do. But we did right by him.

So when I came home and found Cosmo

I informed him that he needed to buckle up his chinstrap because he was promoted to first team. Oddly, since then he's been more affectionate and sociable. He's stepped up his game.

We now have no emergency back-up cat. We don't count Lucky, who is like a really bad walk-on who will never play a down (that's the end of the football references). But we're in no hurry. For us, pets happen.

P.S. Michigan joke:

It is late in the OSU-Michigan game on an overcast day.
Michigan has the ball on the OSU 3, with 2 seconds left, and down
14-10. There is time for one more play.

Lloyd Carr calls timeout. As the team is coming to the
sideline, Lloyd looks to the heavens and says, "God - I've been a
good man. A churchgoing man. I've tried to do what's right and I've
never asked you for anything. But, this is a big game and if I could
get a little guidance, I would be forever grateful".

The clouds part, sun shines on Lloyd and he hears a voice
bellow "I Right 39 Pitch Trap".

Lloyd can't believe it! God himself gave him the play! It'll work
for sure.

The team comes to the sideline and Lloyd excitedly gives them
the play. The timeout ends and the teams come back on the field.
Lloyd can barely contain his excitement - he's going to win.

Play resumes and the ball is snapped. The Michigan QB
pitches to the back. For a split second, there's a hole - which is
quickly filled by 2 Ohio State linebackers, who tackle the Michigan back short of
the goal line.

Time expires and Ohio State players storm the field to
celebrate. Lloyd is in shock - he can't believe the play didn't work.

Lloyd looks to the heavens and cries, "God - why did you call
THAT play?"

God, shrugs, turns to his right and says, "Woody -
why did we call that play?"



Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm not going to moderate the comments unless someone starts making trouble...aka..Don't make me come down here.