Sunday, November 22, 2015

Day 22: The Only Game That Matters

Here we are, fresh off a disappointing but well earned loss to the Spartans, and now we must marshal our team and fanbase to bring the energy we'll need to beat TTUN (That Team Up North). Before yesterday I had already said to my friends and family that the confluence of circumstances would make this game very losable. Here is my list: at Michigan, new coach, new coach is good, we've owned them for the past several years, Michigan is hungry like we were last year, we're not hungry like we were last year. So despite having superior talent and one of the best college football coaches of all time, I felt we had a good shot at losing.

Now I feel differently. Now I feel like losing is almost a certainty. Everything MSU did against us defensively, Michigan will do better. And they will run. And their passing is better.

I'm a little bit happy that Ezekial Elliot called out the coaching and the offense. Normally I think they need to keep that stuff in the locker room but maybe this will be the catalyst they need to get their shit together. Maybe if they put together all of the things they should have been doing all season into one glorious game they will win. I don't even care today about the bowl game. Only one thing matters.

And it matters a lot.

1 comment:

I'm not going to moderate the comments unless someone starts making trouble...aka..Don't make me come down here.