Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Day 25: Random acts of thought

A potpourri of items.


  • On a freeway I drive a lot there's one of those electronic alert signs where they can tell you that traffic is slow or that conditions are icy. When there's nothing going on they have a message that keeps a running total of Ohio highway deaths. We're currently at 982, which is up 13% from last year. I have a feeling the holiday season will push that over 1,000 without any trouble. Let's all drive a little more carefully, please. I hate seeing that number change.
  • Apparently right now is the last time anyone alive on Earth today will experience CO2 levels of less that 400ppm. http://m.dailykos.com/story/2015/11/21/1453032/-This-week-will-be-the-last-time-anyone-alive-experiences-a-CO2-level-below-400. It seems we've crossed a threshold that we cannot reverse anytime soon. 
  • 25% of the northern white rhinos on Earth died this week. There were four and now there are three. Nola, aged 41, died at the San Diego zoo this week. http://m.livescience.com/52889-nola-northern-white-rhino-dies.html. There are three more but their odds are grim. They're trying to breed them but time is running out. We've already lost the black rhinos. 
  • Movies I can watch over and over. There are more but this is all I can think of. As soon as I hit SEND one will come to me. My wife gives me this little smile, that means 'You are such a dork," whenever she sees me watching a Bourne movie yet again. 

Shawshank Redemption
The Bourne Identity
The Bourne Supremacy
The Bourne Ultimatum
The Green Mile
Princess Bride
Michael Clayton
Kill Bill 1&2
LOTR (all)
Harry Potter (all)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm not going to moderate the comments unless someone starts making trouble...aka..Don't make me come down here.