Thursday, June 6, 2013

The case against Flexi leashes

This is a blog post by one Cassie Leigh-Stock, a certified dog trainer in Massachusetts, who I do not know.  I am re-posting it because a lot of what she says makes sense, and is, at the very least, something you need to consider when purchasing and using a Flexi leash.

I can attest to their propensity to tangle and jam. I have also been skeptical that the thin cord that makes up most of the leash is strong enough to hold a big dog who decides suddenly to take off after a cat. But I hadn't before considered the human suffering aspect of the devices. She has included  a warning from the Flexi lease site, that describes various injuries that can occur, including finger amputation. Yikes!.

Check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm not going to moderate the comments unless someone starts making trouble...aka..Don't make me come down here.