Sunday, March 7, 2010

Musical cats, not to be confused with the musical 'Cats.'

The internet is chock full of videos of pets doing stuff. I think it's why the internet was invented. I feel it's my duty to pass these along when I find them, since what greater purpose can a blog have? 

Here we have a cat playing a theremin. So you don't have to look up what a theremin is, it's an electronic instrument that made all the cool sounds in the Beach Boys' Good Vibrations. I read once the inventor of the theremin wanted it to gain acceptance equal to oboes and violins, and one day gain a spot in every concert orchestra, but alas, it's really just a cool toy. 

At the close of the video, there is a link to another video which shows you how to build your own tiny theremin, in about a minute, which is the first clue that a theremin can never be the equal of a violin. It takes hours and hours just for the violin glue to set.

Anyway, here is my first embedded video. Wish me luck.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm not going to moderate the comments unless someone starts making trouble...aka..Don't make me come down here.