Monday, March 22, 2010

An interview with Puddin Pop

On Facebook,  which is the newest, coolest way to ignore people you don't like, I have become friends with the Humane Society of Greater Akron. Granted, I was invited via a third party, second generation, round-about intermediary, but nonetheless, we're friends. 



The best thing about being friends with them is I get pictures of cute animals on my Facebook page on a regular basis. Today's pet of the day is Puddin Pop (they left off the apostrophe so I did too). Puddin Pop is a cat and here is their description of her (dictated, no doubt, by Puddin Pop):



Hi, my name is Puddin Pop. I am about one year old. I recently came back from foster care where I had the chance to flourish. I can be a little shy in the shelter, but in my foster home I was very friendly and sought out attention. I love to play with cats so a home with at least one other active cat is preferred but ...not mandatory. There are many cat friends at the shelter I can pick out as a partner if you don't already have one:-) Please share me with all your Facebook friends and hopefully I will find a forever home soon....

 

Puddin Pop is cute, to be sure, but the thing that makes her extra cute is her name. In fact I had doubts about the veracity of her name so I Facebook chatted Puddin Pop for an interview.

Me: So, Puddin Pop, you look pretty cute there on the Humane Society Facebook page. 

PP: Thanks, John, I am pretty cute.

Me: I have to ask, Puddin Pop is not your real name, is it?

PP: Umm, what do you mean?

Me: I mean, Puddin Pop is a made up name to make people like you, am I right?

PP: Well...

Me: Puddin Pop is a sham, is it not?

PP: Thumbscrew

Me: What?

PP: My original name was Thumbscrew. My first owners were Goth.

Me: I see

PP: I had a black leather litter box and a tail stud, which has since been removed. 

Me: Ouch! 

PP: Tell me about it.

Me: So, Puddin Pop is a better name. 

PP: One of the volunteers came up with it. The volunteers here are really nice.

Me: Is it hard to remember to answer to a different name, Puddin Pop?

PP: I'm sorry, were you talking to me?

Me: Ha ha.

PP: Sorry.

Me: One last question, what do you think about dogs?

PP: I think they're stupid, but who else are you going to have take the blame for getting into the garbage?

 Me: Thanks, Puddin Pop.

PP: You're welcome. And adopt me soon, someone out there reading this, preferably with a huge cat bed near a sunny window, with a bazillion cat toys and a weakness for slipping pets a piece of their sandwich. 


(Note: Portions of this post may have been embellished for entertainment purposes.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm not going to moderate the comments unless someone starts making trouble...aka..Don't make me come down here.