Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My Cat is Trying to Kill Me

I have sleep apnea, and I use one of those CPAP machines at night. For those who do not know, the CPAP forces pressurized air into my nose via a mask I wear that makes me look like I have a monkey on my face (I stole that analogy--thanks LIE).

I have woken up with my machine turned off and I recently discovered why. My cat sits on it and pushes the off button. I think it's on purpose. He doesn't understand that the mask is designed to let me breath when the machine goes off, or else there'd be a rash of suffocation deaths every time someone crashed into a power pole. Every time he turns it off I eventually wake up and turn it back on, saying, 'Nice try, Custard.' He's undeterred. He must really have it out for me. And I'm not even the one who gives him sub Q fluids every other night.



2 comments:

  1. I think that Custard is trying to take over the man role in the house. Today the CPAP tomorrow your side of the bed. Beware.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Custard wants to take over the man role, he cans start by taking the recycling to the curb.

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to moderate the comments unless someone starts making trouble...aka..Don't make me come down here.