Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Packing for the Great White North

As you may remember, my daughter  graduated college last June and has since moved to Toronto to carve out a life for herself. After a wee bit of homesickness (which she alleviated in part by getting a dog)

she is now doing very well. So we have planned a trip to visit her on her birthday in a few weeks.

Now, I usually wait to pack until the last minute, but I figure what with it being a foreign country and all I had better make a list of things to take, because who knows what they have in Canada? So here is my list so far.

Brand new undies for the border crossing strip search.

American to Canadian dictionary

Rolls of pennies to make up for the one cent difference in the exchange rate.

Parka, boots, scarf, mittens, long johns, electric socks, Chap Stick

'Curling for Dummies'

American bacon

All my Neil Young and Bryan Adams cd's.

My 'Annotated Guide to Canadian Prime Ministers' coffee table pop-up book.

Moose repellant


Plus, I'll have to practice saying, "It really sucks they're not playing hockey yet," with a straight face. 

If you have any suggestion, I'd be glad to hear them.










No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm not going to moderate the comments unless someone starts making trouble...aka..Don't make me come down here.