Wednesday, November 2, 2011

When trees attack

A couple of nights ago I heard a huge racket outside. I went outside and since it was dark I couldn't see much. Here's what it looked like in the morning


DSCN2448

A huge maple tree, which had never been pruned properly, split off and fell, stripping branches off the pine tree and landing on the garage. Fortunately it looks like maybe only a shingle or two were lost, and maybe some minor repair to some wood, but the pine tree really took the brunt of it.

Here's looking up from the base toward the pine


DSCN2453

The trunk is about 18 inches in diameter at the base.

Here's a closeup of the damage to the brave pine tree


DSCN2449

And yes, this blue sky really is in Ohio in November. It's a perfect day.  Except for the whole tree falling on another tree and garage thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm not going to moderate the comments unless someone starts making trouble...aka..Don't make me come down here.