Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Names, Part 2: Every Name is a Song Cue

Many years ago I had a kennel assistant named Ellie. One day I (unintentionally) snuck up on her while she was bathing a dog named Mickey.  I caught her singing, "Hey Mickey you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Mickey." Then she saw me and said, sheepishly. "You weren't supposed to hear that." Maybe not, but she's not the only person to be inspired by dogs' names. With jillions of songs having been recorded it's hard to NOT have one that is brought to mind whenever a Lola or a Mandy visit. Here now are my top song cue names (this will keep you busy for a little while):
 

Layla
Patches
Harmony
Rocket  (but ya gotta see this version too)
Angel
Blondie
O'Reilly 
Sloopy 
Brandy
Denver (apologies for the advertisement)
Duke
Jack
Jet
Koko  but not Coco or Cocoa
Lady
And the one that sticks in my head for days AFTER she leaves Buttercup




4 comments:

  1. you forgot the ever popular roxanne. and i see a dog named macho, which always gets us singing macho macho man. - aubrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roxanne would totally be on the list except I haven't had a Roxanne since I got the computer which is the official memory bank for me and the kennel. The only Roxanne ever was a black cocker I had in the mid nineties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you forgot lola

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lola is in the paragraph of text above the list. Right next to Mandy.

    Did you click on Rocket?

    ReplyDelete

I'm not going to moderate the comments unless someone starts making trouble...aka..Don't make me come down here.